Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September!

-- Ham and cheese roll-ups; broccoli and hummus; apricot;
-- Strawberries;
-- Pretzels.
 That wouldn't be a good lunch for me (I love grains!), but it was for my husband, as was the one below.

-- Grapes;
-- Hummus; pretzels; dried cranberries;
-- Date bar;
-- Broccoli;
-- Sandwich, halves and stacked to (mostly) fit.

If you're just taking up packing lunches (or trying to pack better ones), welcome! Your best bet is to have a variety of produce in the fridge--and if you're like me, no lunch money handy, so you won't be tempted to buy something that wouldn't be as good as homemade anyway. If you're not a morning person, by all means get your lunch made the night before and refrigerate it until you're ready to go.
In the right-hand margin, you'll find a blogroll of inspiration from other bento websites I like. Tell 'em Basic Bento sent you. :)