- bread/sandwiches/cheese (you can do an imprint if you don't want to waste any);
- grape tomatoes (pin two together, perhaps with a strand of spaghetti) or strawberries.
And these foods are naturally red (or close):
- watermelon, strawberries, cherries, raspberries, red apples, red grapes;
- kidney beans, red lentils;
- beets, tomatoes, red bell peppers.
Some lunches you might want to look back at for inspiration:
- Back to School/Mommy Loves You;
- I Heart my Husband;
- Valentine's Day last year (also suitable for teaching the letter V);
- H is for Heart (also good for teaching the letter H);
And here's the quick lunch I sent for my husband today:
-- Chopped cucumber with a grape tomato balloon;