Friday, October 1, 2010

I Heart My Husband

So this is his lunch for work today. Not enough cuteness to be embarrassing (I hope), but the message is clear.


-- Sandwich (turkey, Colby Jack cheese, spinach, mayo) on multigrain bread with heart cut-out
-- Banana muffin with heart imprint
-- Apple hearts (with cinnamon sugar on the cut sides, because you know they were turning brown in a matter of seconds!)

And since we would be out at snack time, I packed a snack for Toddlebug in our little leaf bento box.


Tier 1: Fruit salad: the rest of that apple, starfruit, grapes, and pineapple. You can't see it that well in the picture, but the rays of the starfruit are cut off and naturally form a leaf shape.
Tier 2: Cheerios, raisins, almonds, and carrots.

Toddlebug's apple pieces did not turn brown, because I put a little pineapple juice in there--but since that fruit got eaten by the fistful as usual, it wouldn't have mattered if they did.