Monday, September 6, 2010

A is for Alphabento!

Toddlebug's first day of preschool. My first day back from my trip two time zones over. Pardon any incoherence here! This is the start of Alphabento: most Tuesdays will feature letter-themed lunches.

Clockwise from the top left in the Laptop Lunch 1.0:


-- Applesauce
-- A cookies (Yes, I went through the box of cookies.)
-- Asparagus (with Italian dressing for dipping)
-- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich with American cheese airplane and letter A cutouts on top.

I was going to send almonds, but I learned last week that the school does not allow nuts (choking hazard). I doubt the asparagus will be eaten, but I realize I need to introduce a few more vegetables before Toddlebug gets older and less flexible.

Other ideas you might choose for A:
  • alphabet soup, 
  • animal crackers, 
  • avocado,
  • apricot,
  • artichokes. 

My husband's lunch is in the 2.0:


-- Asparagus (with dressing)
-- Zucchini muffin
-- Grape tomatoes
-- Ham and cheese sandwich on wheat bread.


Shared as part of What's for Lunch Wednesday.