Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's here!

I don't remember ever being this excited about lunchboxes as a kid... I think Mom would just take me over to Caldor or the like and I'd get to choose between Strawberry Shortcake and the Smurfs (and the Thermos immediately was put somewhere out of the way, because it never got used).
Today our Laptop Lunch 2.0 and Bento Buddies arrived, and I just about did a happy dance, washed everything, and stuck on some labels. I decided to try a big sandwich just because it would fit.


Clockwise from top:
-- Heart-shaped PB & J on homemade bread, surrounded by cherry tomatoes; orange sauce for the squash
-- Steamed butternut squash left over from dinner
-- Hard-boiled egg, halved (though it would've fit standing up); cucumber slices.
Not shown: Popcorn and taco spices.

I think I'm going to like having the extra flexibility with this one, but it may also be a challenge to fill a bigger space. My husband will surely not mind a challenge that involves more to eat. :)