Sunday, June 20, 2010

Grown-Up Laptop Lunch

For my husband:



-- Cherries; guacamole for chips
-- Tortilla chips
-- Mini pumpkin muffin from the freezer
-- Leftover spinach frittata with salsa
-- Frozen edamame in the pod
Not shown: granola bar

If this were for Toddlebug, I would've cut up the eggs and the cherries and shelled the edamame.


Shared as part of "What's for Lunch Wednesday" at http://bentolunch.blogspot.com/search/label/what%27s%20for%20lunch%20wednesday - Visit to see what other people have made this week!

Easy guacamole recipe:
1.) Combine in small food processor...
* a large avocado (minus the peel and pit, obviously)
* juice of one small lime
* sprinkle of garlic salt
* pinch (maybe 1/4 tsp.) of curry powder
2.) Puree until creamy, just a minute or so. Serve with chips and/or raw veggies.

I am not an adventurous eater at all, so I didn't try guacamole until recently, when I needed to use up an avocado. I like it so much better than salsa! It's a fun taste, I guess from the lime juice.