Friday, April 16, 2010

Spur-of-the-Moment Bento

This morning, with no impediments on our calendar, I suddenly decided we'd ride the bus downtown to a museum for the morning. I threw this bento together (and grabbed a couple of bananas for our snack), dressed Toddlebug, and we were off.

Clockwise from top left:
-- Organic local strawberries! and blueberry muffin from the freezer,
-- "pudding" (fruit),
-- frozen peas (Yes, they thawed perfectly in three hours),
-- PB & J (with apricot jam, natural peanut butter, and 12-grain bread, cut very small).
Toddlebug drank juice, since I didn't have any milk boxes chilled, and I drank water from one of our Klean Kanteens, as usual. If I'd planned ahead, Toddlebug would've had milk and I probably would have hard-boiled an egg to put in with the peas.